5D MKII Test ~ Hi-Def Video

>> Tuesday, December 16, 2008

So to add some more info to this discussion, I decided to upload the first video I shot with the 5D. I am by no means a video guy, but I do know how to work a video camera, and let me be very blunt "THIS IS NOT A CAMCORDER". This is simply a camera that can shoot hidef video. If you want to shoot anything that is constantly moving, good luck using manual focus and staying sharp. Having to use the viewfinder to see what you are recording is terrible. Imagine having to shoot video looking like Uncle Bob with his P&S at the last wedding you were at, because believe me that is what you will look like. There are already many add-ons and gadgets to turn this in to a camcorder, but to be honest I would rather drop the $$$$ on a real one that shoots only video. Many people have thought this will revolutionize how multi media is shot with the press, having to use only one camera, but personally I don't think it will cut it (at least not for the big guys). It will take way too much time to set up, focus, and make sure you have the shot. The 5D MKII may cut it for smaller media outlets, wedding photographer, the high end hobbiest or rich uncle Bob, but not for the serious multi media shooter. I uploaded the video I shot, so feel free to check out the Hi-Def version HERE. Please keep in mind, this video is totally unedited, straight from the camera.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

FEEDJIT

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP