Remembrance Day

>> Tuesday, November 11, 2008



Remembrance Day is a very special day to me. I had both my Grandfather's fight in WWII, and live to tell me stories about it. Both have different beginning's, but similar endings. My one Grandfather flew the sky's with the RCAF, while my other Grandfather fought in the trench's on the front line. Both kept their loved ones in mind the whole time they were in battle, and both were able to come back to them. Along with my Grandfather's I have had a few friends who have fought in recent wars as well, and returned home once their tour of duty was over.

I get asked all the time, "how do you do it, how do you deal with brides on their wedding day". It seems like such a silly question though, when you compare it to "how did you do it, how did you go head to head with someone who's goal was to kill you". It makes you think about our lives, how easy they really are, yet how complicated we tend to make them.

To all the men and women who have served to protect our country and give us our freedom, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Without your services, I would not be able to have such a beautiful life with Amy & Lucas. To Grandpa Lewis, thank you for what you have given me, both my freedom and your stories. To my Grandpa Denham, thank you as well for my freedom, and the stories. To my friends who have served, thank you for having the courage at such a young age to do something that I don't think I would ever be able to do.

So at 11:11am this morning, please take some time out of your day to remember all those who have served to give us our freedom. Lest we forget.

0 comments:

About This Blog

About This Blog

FEEDJIT

  © Blogger template Romantico by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP